How to change the subject line in Gmail | Follow these simple steps | A to Z full information with pictures only at www.thetechknowledge.com
Previously we know about How to unarchive Gmail?
Do you want to change the subject line in Gmail?
Then keep reading this article.
In this article, I will tell you about the email subject line and also will show you how to change the subject line in Gmail that can be done in two different ways, on the desktop website, and on the Android device.
Gmail allows you to change the subject line while reply or forwarded email, but the option of changing the subject name is a little hidden.
This is particularly useful whenever you are replying to the Email answer and you want to change the subject line of your answering mail.
What is the subject line in the Email with example?
An email subject line is the first text which recipients see after the sender name when an email reaches their inbox. It is very important to keep the email subject line must be informative, catchy, and brief.
1) Applying for a junior engineering post
2) Open this right now!
3) My big Email popup mistake
4) The best time to send Email
5) How they grew their account from 0 to 10k visitors
6) Do this if you want more traffic
7) Avoid these things while doing work.
8) Sunday special offers!
9) Really… really?!!
10) Stop it!
What is a good subject line?
1) Keep the subject lines under 50 characters. Subject lines with less than 50 characters have higher opening rates and click-through-rates than those with 50+.
2) The subject line should be catchy.
3) Good Email subject line can be Personalize.
4) Subject line should create a sense of urgency.
5) We can create good subject line by asking some important question.
6) It should be simple and can be use an emoji.
7) Subject line should not have spammy language
Why the email subject line is important?
1) According to studies, 47% of recipients tend to open an email if the email has a catchy subject line.
2) Just like a heading of the article or a book title, email recipients will discard your text if it isn’t informative or catchy enough or looks spammy.
That means an email subject line must convey the necessary information in a sufficient way.
How to change subject line in Gmail?
How do I change the subject line?
Follow these steps to know how to change the subject line in Gmail on PC or Mac:
Step 1) Open your Gmail account on your PC or Mac, by typing mail.google.com.
Step 2) Fill in your Gmail account and password and sign in. After sign in, follow the next step to change the subject line in Gmail.
Step 3) Choose an Email in which you want to change the subject line. Click on the ‘Reply’, ‘Reply All’ or ‘Forward’ option.
Step 4) Click on the arrow drop-down located at the top left corner. After selecting, some options will be open. Click on the ‘Edit Subject’ option.
Step 5) After that, Gmail will show you the Email compose panel with an editable subject line field. Change it to whatever you want and write there your reply or message.
Step 6) That’s all you have to do to change the subject line. Click “Send” to send the email when you are done composing it.
How to change the subject line in Gmail on your Mobile device?
On the Gmail app for your mobile device, this is even easier. Follow these steps Gmail app on your mobile device:
Step 1: Open the Gmail application to your android mobile or iPhone.
Step 2: Make sure you are already signed in. If not signed in, fill in your email account and password to sign in.
Step 3: Choose an Email in which you want to change the subject line. Click on the ‘Reply’, ‘Reply All’ or ‘Forward’ option.
Step 4: While replying or forwarding an email, the subject line will appear and be editable above the body of the email. Just change the subject to whatever you like and Send it.
How is the Gmail helpful?
1) Gmail is helpful to send and receive text messages
2) To upload and download files as attachments to your Email.
3) While using an android phone, you can log in anywhere by using the same Gmail ID which you have used in your phone whether it’s Facebook, Instagram, etc.
4) It is absolutely free and easy to use.
5) Huge storage space. Maybe it offers more than 10Gb of storage.
6) Can be accessed online anywhere.
7) We can add a signature at the end of the Email.
8) You can send and receive emails, block spam, create an address book, etc.
9) Spam filtering: Spam is another name for junk email. Gmail has advanced technologies to keep spam out of your inbox. Mostly spam email is automatically sent to a separate spam folder, and after 30 days it is deleted.
10) Google Meet: Instead of sending an email, you can send someone a voice and video chat feature if your computer has a microphone and/or webcam OR you can also do video chat with them by using the meeting feature.
11) Scheduling messages: This is a new feature of Gmail. We can schedule out a message on Gmail by clicking on the arrow beside the “Send” button. This can be used when you want to send your boss a quick note or response, but don’t want him or her to know you’re up until 4 am on a Monday.
12) To create a meeting and join a meeting online.
How do I show the subject line in Gmail?
You have to write the subject line and then write an Email and attach it if it is necessary. When you send someone that email, only the Subject line will show in their Gmail inbox. If that person replies to you, that subject line will show in your Inbox also.
It’s done here.
Thank you for visiting here…