How to factory reset a Laptop | how to factory reset a hp laptop | how to factory reset a dell laptop | how to reset a laptop to factory settings
When we buy a brand new laptop, then it runs fine for a few months or years, but after that, there are some errors or problem can occur in it. Some of them are minor and some are serious.
That‘s why in some tedious problems, resetting our laptop to be the only option left or if you want to sell your laptop at that time you should reset your laptop.
Are you facing some tedious problem with your laptop or you want to sell your laptop and want to factory reset it, but don’t know how to do that?
So, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, I will show you how to factory reset your laptop in the step by step manner. So, stay connected.
How to factory reset a laptop?
1) Windows 10 has a built-in reset facility that will get your computer back to a clean state.
2) After you reset your computer, it will have none of the apps or programs that you currently have installed, but it will just have the basic apps that come with windows 10.
3) It will reset all your settings, so everything Like the amount of time your computer to go to the sleep state, your desktop wallpaper.
4) All those things go back to the default settings.
So, to reset your laptop, implement the following steps:
Come to your home screen of the computer and type “Settings” in the search box which is next to the windows icon.
Go into the Update & Security menu.
Select Recovery in the Update & Security menu and click on the Get started button of Reset this PC option.
Step:4 (How to factory reset a laptop)
Now, Reset this PC window is pop up on your screen.
Here, Windows offers you to decide whether you want to keep your files, like your images, videos, and textual files, or if you want to completely clean the laptop.
We recommend you select Keep my files to keep your laptop’s all important data if you will use your laptop after resetting it.
READ MORE: Which Is The Best Computer or Laptop Stand?
If you want to sell your laptop after resetting it. So, select Remove everything is advisable for you.
If you select keep my files then the last window labeled with Ready to reset this PC is pop up.
Read the summary carefully, because there is no going back from this. Then click on the Reset Button.
After that windows will keep all the data which is located on your laptop and start to reset your Laptop.
It can take a long time. So, wait for that.
Step:5 (How to factory reset a laptop)
if you select Remove everything then another window labeled with Additional settings is pop up on your screen.
1) Select Change settings.
2) Turn on the data erasure in choose settings and click on the confirm button.
3) Additional settings window is again pops up on your screen, this time click on the Next button.
4) The last window labeled with Ready to reset this PC is pop up. Read the summary carefully, because there is no going back from this.
Then click on the Reset Button. After that windows will remove all the settings, all the apps-programs, all files, and data located on your laptop.
Now, Windows can take a long time. So, just wait and watch.
After resetting your laptop, welcome to the windows page will pop up on your screen.
Hope this article will help you to reset your laptop.