How to screenshot on Windows? || A to Z full tutorial with pictures. || how to take a screenshot on windows 10 || www.thetechknowledge.com
Hello friends, when we use our computer, on many occasions we need to take a screenshot of our screen so that the important things are stored with us.
- Screenshots can be useful at work, essential for record-keeping, for a better explanation about any topic and in other things.
Do you need to take a screenshot of your computer screen, but don’t know how to take it?
How to screenshot on Windows?
Don’t worry about it.
Windows provide several ways to take a screenshot of whole your computer screen or a selected part of your computer screen.
- In this article, I will show you 4 basic methods to take a screenshot on your laptop immediately. So, stay tuned.
Method 1: Snipping Tool
Windows 10 has built-in Snipping Tool app for taking screenshots on your computer.
So, How to do that?
Follow the steps given below:
Step1: Open the page that you want to take screenshot and type “Snipping Tool” in the search box which is next to the windows icon and open it.
Step2: Now, the snipping tool window is pop up on the screen.
- There are a few different modes that the snipping tool has.
- You could do a full-screen capture. Full-screen capture takes a screenshot of whole your computer screen.
- There is window snip. It just takes the screenshot of a selected window in which you want to take a screenshot.
- There is also a rectangular snip. In which you can draw a box in the area in which you want to take a screenshot.
- Free form snip is also present in the snipping tool, in which you can draw a free shape of any area in which you want to take a screenshot.
- One very impressive feature is the Time Delay option. In which, you can take a screenshot after 0 to 5 seconds time delay.
- Here, you can select the appropriate mode and time delay.
Step3: After selecting the appropriate mode and time delay, you can take a screenshot of your screen. If you want to take a new screenshot then select New.
Step4: After taking a screenshot expended snipping tool window with a recent screenshot is pop up on your screen.
- Here you can use a pen, highlighter, eraser, and other stuff. For other external modifications, you can modify this snip in paint 3d also.
- The Snipping tool also provides a snip email sharing option. After doing all the modifications that you want, you can save your screenshot at any place by pressing Ctrl + S.
Method 2: Snip & sketch
This is another built-in app provided by windows 10 to take a clear and flexible screenshot of your computer screen.
Implement the following steps:
Step1: Open the page that you want to take screenshot and type “Snip & Sketch” in the search box which is next to the windows icon and open it.
Step2: Now, Snip & Sketch window is pop up on your screen. Select New to take a new screenshot.
- There is also a 0, 3, and 10 seconds time delay provided by Snip & Sketch. Select the appropriate option.
- Then darken screen with a five-button toolbar appears at the top of your screen.
- Select one on them (which are rectangular, free form, window, and full-screen snip) and take a screenshot.
Step3: After taking the screenshot Snip & Sketch window with a recent screenshot is pop up on your screen.
- Here Snip & Sketch provides Touch writing, ballpoint, pencil, Highlighter, eraser, ruler, crop, and rotate types of functions which is present on the top of the Snip & Sketch window.
- Now, do the modifications on your screenshot and save your picture at any place by pressing Ctrl + S in your keyboard.
- Note that by pressing Windows + Shift + S, you can directly open Snip & Sketch app. but if you do that then darken screen with a five-button toolbar directly appears on your screen.
How to screenshot on Windows?Method 3: PrintScreen
- This is the easiest method to take screenshots on your laptop.
- The only disadvantage of this method is that you cannot take free form, window, or rectangular snip in it.
- It will just take full-screen screenshots for you. But you can crop your screenshots in paint and get the image of the area which you want.
Step1: Open the page that you want to take screenshot and Press Fn + End (PrnScrn) on your keyboard.
Step2: Open paint, and press Ctrl + V (paste your screenshot). Now you can do modifications in your screenshot if you want.
Step3: After doing modifications on your screenshot, save your screenshot by pressing Ctrl + S in your keyboard.
How to screenshot on Windows?Method 4: Game Bar
- You can take screenshots, screen recording, and voice recording by using Game Bar.
- But you can take only full-screen screenshots in Game Bar. Here, I am going to show you how to take screenshots in-game bar.
Step1: Press Windows + G on your keyboard.
Step2: Now, a darkened screen with a Game Bar toolbar appears at the top of your screen. Select capture in it.
Step3: Then click on the camera (Take screenshot) Button, it will automatically capture your screenshot and save directly in This PC > Videos > Captures.
- These are the 4 easy methods to take screenshots on your laptop.
- Hope you enjoyed it.
So, Which method looks efficient for taking screenshots on your laptop?