We usually heard about programming languages like C, C++, JAVA, PYTHON, etc. so, Now we are going to learn about programming languages.
We usually heard about programming languages like C, C++, JAVA, PYTHON, etc. so, now we are going to learn about computer languages.
We can also define ‘Computer’ as the following
‘Computer’ is a machine that performs a set of arithmetic and logical operations on any kind of data. This process is automatically done via programming languages.
‘What is programming languages?’
1) We can understand the concept of programming language by example, if we want to communicate with people we are using our languages like English, French, German, etc.
2) we can call languages the interface between ours and peoples.
3) The computer cannot understand our languages like English, Hindi, etc. The computer has its own machine level or binary language. We cannot able to directly understand computer languages.
4) So, for communicating with the computer developers develop a set of special-purpose languages called programming languages.
Basically, we can define programming languages as following:
1) The programming language is a set of rules for instructing the computer to perform specific tasks.
2) We can also define it as a set of instructions for producing various kinds of outputs.
3) Basically, developers write the specific programming code for performing specific tasks.
4) This programming code is a source code.
5) First of this entire source code is compiling and after the process of compilation, it will run on the machine.
6) During the process of compilation, the logical and syntax related errors located in the source code are detected. After the programmer removes the errors located in the source code.
Source code runs on the machine and a specific task is performed on the machine.
Types of Programming languages
Machine level programming languages:
Binary language consists of patterns of 0’s and 1’s means whatever instructions you want to send a computer is in the form of 0’s and 1’s.
So, a computer can directly understand this language that’s why it is called machine level language.
For example, 100011011.
Because computers can directly understand machine-level language any instruction written in machine-level language executes very fastly.
Some problems regarding Machine Level programming languages as following:
1) It is difficult to learn and error debugging in it is also difficult.
2) You should have a lot of knowledge about computers for learning machine level language.
3) It is also dependent on the computer’s architecture. Therefore you cannot run a single program on two different architecture computers.
Assembly level programming languages
Assembly level language is nothing but the simplified version of machine level language. For example, if we want to write code for the addition of 2 and 6 so it is quite complex in machine level language but in assembly level language we can write like this add 2 6.
So, assembly level language consists of various types of symbols for performing various types of operations.
The problem regarding the assembly level language is that it is not directly understandable for computers.
To cure this problem a special program is used call assembler which converts assembly level language to machine level language.
Assembly level language is easier than machine level language, but not so much easy.
Higher-level programming languages
In assembly level language error debugging is not so easy, that’s why another type of language is found that is higher-level language.
As a human, we can easily understand these higher-level languages, but the computer cannot directly understand these types of languages, because the computer only understand machine level language
for converting a higher-level programming language to machine level language two special programs are used.
In higher-level language, some languages are use compiler and other languages are uses an interpreter.
1) Languages that are used compiler are call compiled language.
2) Languages which are uses interpreter are call interpreted language.
3) The process of converting a higher-level language to machine-level language and it is executed by a computer is call compilation and for that compiler is used.
4) The compiler takes whole-program source code as an input and converts-executes that into machine-level language.
5) Whereas the interpreter converts and executes higher-level languages source code to machine level language line by line.
6) So, we can say that compiler is faster than the interpreter, but the interpreter is easy in error debugging.
7) Java, Python, C# is higher-level languages.
So, this is all about Programming languages and their Types.
Thanks for visiting here..