What happens when you block someone on WhatsApp? > 7 Unknown WhatsApp Secret > only at www.thetechknowledge.com
Welcome to our new article related to “Whatsapp”.
Sometimes it is very necessary to block someone on WhatsApp, whether they are receiving calls or texts from numbers they don’t know, or they are being stressed by someone they know.
Blocking on WhatsApp is an easy way to stop contact without problems or awkward messages.
But do you know what happens when you block someone on Whatsapp?
If you want to know, then keep reading this article.
In this article, I will show you how to block someone on WhatsApp and what happens when you block someone on Whatsapp.
What is Whatsapp?
1) But, before starting it is very important for us to know a few details of our journey from SMS to Whatsapp.
2) A few years ago, we used to buy the packages of the SMS (Short Message Service) to communicate with friends or family because it was a little cheaper than voice calls.
3) Right now, SMS is rarely using the system for communication, and Whatsapp, Telegram, and IMO have taken their place.
4) Also the Whatsapp is the most popular and worldwide used application.
5) Because by using these apps, you can share multimedia files, images, videos, voice recordings also with text messages. (How to Block someone on Whatsapp)
What happens when you block someone on WhatsApp?
Step 1: Go to the WhatsApp application on your mobile device. And choose the number to block.
Step 2: Tap on three vertical dots at the upper right corner of the WhatsApp screen. Then Tap on the ‘More’ option.
Step 3: Tap on the ‘Block’ option. One pop-up will open with three options to confirm. Tap on the ‘Block’ option. The number will be blocked.
You can ‘Unblock’ them by just tapping on the notification.
What happens when you block someone on Whatsapp?
1) New messages
1) The blocked contact can see the typing box and even can send messages. But, the messages won’t be delivered to you.
2) Similarly, messages that you send to a blocked contact will not be delivered. It will show a single tick to the person who is sending you messages.
3) To get a message across, WhatsApp shows you a notification to unblock the contact first.
2) Read receipts
When a blocked contact sends messages to us, the contact will see single grey ticks, which is a sign that the message is yet to be delivered or will not deliver.
Their messages will not deliver to us.
3) Last seen/online status
1) The blocked contact cannot see our last seen status or online status.
2) The status area is beneath your name on the chat page will appear blank. This will applies to you also.
3) You also cannot see blocked contacts last seen and online status.
4) Profile picture
A blocked contact can’t see your profile picture. But you, this case is different as you are still allowed to see a blocked contact’s profile picture.
5) Whatsapp calls
As with messages, a blocked contact can still call your number, but you will not get a notification of any call.
This means the blocked contact number can’t call you. And also, you can’t call a blocked person until you unblock them.
6) Group chats will remain unaffected
The blocked contact cannot send you any messages personally, but the blocked contact can still send you messages in groups in which you both are added.
7) Status/story and about
The blocked contact can’t see your stories. And the blocked contacts stories will also be hidden from you.
Similarly, your ‘About’ details will be hidden from any blocked contacts. But, their ‘About’ details will still be visible to you.
Conclusion of what happens when you block someone on WhatsApp
So, I hope you get knowledge about how to block someone on Whatsapp and what happens when you block someone on Whatsapp.
You, as the blocker, don’t need to worry about getting anything from the blocked person ever again (until you choose to unblock them, that is).
So enjoy that freedom from those you don’t want to get from!
Thank you for visiting here…