What kind of computer do I have? | full information about how to recognize your PC. | Welcome to www.thetechknowledge.com
Computers are an important part of our life, but when there is something goes wrong with your computer and technician asks you about your computer or rather than this
if someone asks you about different parts of your computer, then for all such circumstances, you must have some knowledge about your computer.
Like what is a graphic card on your computer?, How much RAM is there on your computer?
Which processor is there on your computer? Etc. So, you have to know what kind of PC you have.
Now, we will talk about different ways by which you can get information about your computer (for Mac and Windows Users).
And after that, you are definitely able to answer the above questions.
So let’s start.
What kind of computer do I have?
How to find basic information about your computer (for Windows Users)?
This is the easiest way to find the information about your computer and also the product number, serial number, and model number of your computer for Windows users.
Step1: Come to your home screen of the PC and type “System Information” in the search box which is next to the windows icon.
Step2: New window is pop up on your screen. In the system summary, you will get all the basic information you have to know about your PC with your product number, model number, and serial number.
How to Know What kind of computer do I have?
How to find basic information about yourPC (for Mac Users)?
Come on the home screen of your PC and click on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen.
Simply click on “About this Mac” in the drop-down menu. Then a new window is pop up on your screen which tells you the basic information about your PC.
If you click on the “More Info” Button then you got all of your computer’s specifications.
Important information about computers can be known from the model number, product number, and serial number of your PC.
How to find the model number, product number, and serial number of your PC?
From following the above techniques you can also find the model number, product number, and a serial number of your PC but this is the common way for all Operating System Users.
First of all, understand
Why the model number, product number, and serial number are so important?
1) The model number represents the components and features that define your product.
2) The product number identifies your product within your laptop company’s series.
3) Note that more than one PC can have the same model number and product number.
4) The serial number is unique to an individual product. The model number and serial number help us to troubleshoot our PC and other updates for our Pc.
5) If you are a using laptop, you can find your laptop’s model number, product number, and serial number at the front of your laptop or at the bottom of the laptop or behind the battery compartment, or behind an access panel.
6) If you are using a desktop pc, you can find your computer’s model number, product number, and serial number at the bottom or at the side or at the top or at the back of your CPU or Monitor.
Where are your computer’s model number, serial number, and product number are placed depends on your product?
You can also visit your computer’s manufacturer company’s online help websites for further information or for any query.
So, this is the guide “to know what computer you have”.
I hope you enjoyed it.